Wednesday 23 June 2010

Race for Life

I have so many wonderful women friends (and men friends too for that matter). Currently three splendid, courageous women, that I know, are undergoing treatment for breast cancer. None of them know each other, but they are linked by a disease that cuts across social and class boundaries.Their prognoses are all different and I won't identify them here, but suffice it to say, that I was thinking of them all when I took part in the Race for Life a couple of weeks ago.The Race for Life is probably the largest fundraiser for cancer charity in the UK. Thousands of women run (it is just for women), and I was one of them. I raised over £50. The route was 5k (3 miles) long and I'm proud to say I ran over half of it, walking the uphill bits. I completed the whole thing in 50 minutes (so not exactly speedy) and turned an interesting shade of purple at the same time.

1 comment:

Please leave a message here...