Friday 1 July 2011

That Friday Feeling

Another mega-week under my belt. Cycling everyday is just fab. I used to cycle all the time when I lived in Germany and also when I spent the summers with my aunt in Holland. I'd forgotten what absolute fun and freedom it is to coast downhill in the sunshine, with the wind in your hair. Love it!

My aunt (a different one) and uncle are over from Holland and are camping on Mum's lawn in their van. They spend whole summers touring Europe and generally being well-to-do crusties. They are passing through this way for a week or so before heading back home. The kids adore them, of course. It is always good to see them. Mum loves the company too. The dog is getting more walks than usual, so even he is happy.

I'd just like a short spot here to whinge about my health. I've finally found a job that I love and I am generally happy with life, only to have numerous bits of my body give up on me. I have so many joints that are creaking, I had to pull out of a bowling match this week. I also have to go back for a second mammogram and ultrasound next week (no reason given, so it's worrying the hell out of me). Hmm. I'm not that old, surely?

The kids have all been out of trips too - Saskia and Eartha got to go to a Horrible Histories theatre about Egypt today. They came back burbling about it. Donny and Mel went on an adventure outing, that involved raft making. Somehow they managed to stay dry, though I have no idea how!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...