Thursday 1 November 2012

I'm Still Alive

Just a quick note to say I'm still here, and still alive, just that I haven't posted in a while. I got another teaching job in September and it has taken over my life. I'm back to working 50, 60 hours a week and having no personal time to think or move. I have got to get out of this profession! I did apply to retrain as a paramedic, but pending an appeal, I didn't get one of the 24 places on offer, sadly. It knocked me back a bit as I think I was counting on it to get me out of here, but I guess the universe has other plans for me.

There are lots of things to tell you - like Mum writing her car off in a spectacular roll down the road, but I don't think I can catch up with everything in five minutes and still do it justice. Here's some of it in bullet points:
  • The kids are doing fine at school.
  • Our nephew had a baby in July. He's got Down's but he's doing fine and I can't wait to meet him.
  • We had the dining room tiled with a groovy green and cream design.
  • The kids got a hamster, whom they've called Noxy.
  • I've done no exercise or writing for over two months and I'm starting to go stir crazy.
  • Skyfall was epic. Frankenweenie made us cry. 
  • We're going to Portugal on holiday next year. 
  • An elderly woman with grey hair and a wrinkled face, driving a small, scratched, white car tried to snatch Saskia. Thankfully Saskia ran away. Our village was crawling with police for a while.
That's it for this installment, folks. I will write more as soon as I get my life back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...