Sunday 25 July 2010

Bumble Bees and Crows.

Hurray! End of term! Time to rest up after weeks of hard work. The kids are especially tired and have spent the first couple of days winging about everything. I was astonished to have heard the first "I'm bored" of the holidays already!


So I took Mr I'm Bored off to walk the dog down by the river. The bumble bees were busy checking out the thistles.
There were lots of red-tailed and white-tailed bumble bees and I got a couple of nice photos of a gatekeeper butterfly.We went off shopping and I got a phone-call from Robin, something along the lines of:

"I'm off sailing for a week. Would you like to look after my crow?"

"Crow?"

"With a broken wing, in my shed"

"Shed?"

"He's quite happy, but it is unfair to take him on the boat and the neighbour who's feeding the cats hates birds, and the RSPCA wants to knock it on the head."

"It's wild?"

"Pecky, yes."

"Can it live at my place instead of your shed?"

"No problem, it's in a cat-carrier. He's called Eric."

So I have a crow, with a broken wing, living in a cat-basket, in my bathroom.

As you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...