Friday 18 February 2011

Propositions

I spent today doing a hedge laying course (photos to follow). It was a good day, learning to layer and pleach and weave and wield a billhook. I have lots of little scratches all over my hands and my clothes smell of bonfire smoke.

I put an ad in the paper a couple of weeks ago, offering maths and science tuition. Today, whilst I'm standing in a field with a machete in my hand, I had a phone call asking me if I would 'dress up as a teacher' and do something 'sexy' for a bit of extra money. I explained very slowly:

"I am not a prostitute. I am a science teacher."

And the weirdo said: "So what do you look like?"

I cut the connection and thunked my machete into a tree.

I may be short of cash, but I'm not that desperate, yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...