Tuesday 22 February 2011

Where Was I?

Following the unexpected offer to dress up in a boring skirt and sensible shoes and 'do something sexy', I spent a pleasant day chopping trees and making hedges. I still have thorns in my fingers to prove it. Yuki got stuck in too and learnt a skill, which I can't see him ever using in his native Japan, but hey, you never know.We spent the weekend in the Lake District, where it snowed. I will write it up on my travel blog if and when I get time. It was nice to get away, but frustrating that I didn't climb any hills. I had the little ones with me - Nick and the big twins being in Canada - and I didn't think that heading off up a hill with snow falling and wet feet was too clever an idea. So that put paid to Saturday. Anyway, we got a nice walk round Grizedale Forest on Sunday and drove back. I think Yuki's muscles were aching by the time we got home.

Monday was supposed to be a duvet day (i.e. you stay wrapped in your du
vet and do nothing all day). However as it involved teaching maths, walking the dog, unpacking and taking Yuki to have the dressings on his dodgy toes changed, rest wasn't high on the agenda.

In the evening I decided to try out the newly available satellite channel "Movies for Men". It promised a disaster movie called something like "Tornado!" Well, I like action movies and I'm always watching documentaries about weather and earthquakes and volcanoes, so I thought I'd give it a shot.Oh dear. It seems "Movies for Men" translates as "Movies with No Sophistication and Very Little Coherent Plot". It didn't even have decent special effects.

The plot was something like this: Satanic cult raises tornado to kill all the gypsies. Hero wears a special talisman that is supposed to stop the wind but actually didn't feature in the climactic scenes at all. Hero kisses pretty gypsy and gives her the talisman.

No, I can't believe I sat through it either. I must have been too tired to move.
Anyway, today, after seeing Yuki off at the train station, Saskia, Eartha and I went to a local museum with Sarah and lots of her girls. Between us, we had 6 girls! There were activities - card making, mask making, sitting in the stocks and looking for things beginning with F.
There were Romany caravans, old clothes and household things and toys. The girls ran around and enjoyed themselves and Saskia got very sequiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...