Sunday 12 June 2011

Soggy

Well, so much for the Race for Life. This is, I think, the 5th time I've done it - a 5km 'race' to raise money for cancer charities. This is the first time it has tipped it down. Usually it is sunny and fine. Today it was positively cold. I mean we actually have our heating on.

Donny and I walked round the circuit, despite the training I've done. I could have run it in just under 40 minutes, but we took an hour to walk it. I just can't run with an umbrella. It acts like a parachute.

I decided I should have gone for full on wet weather gear - waterproof trousers and hiking boots - not trainers and a thin top. Either you're walking or you're running. Dressing half way means you do neither well. We couldn't run with raincoats and umbrellas, but we still got cold because we had on running gear. I'll know better next time.

Meanwhile, I have managed to finish the travelblog about our trip to Skye and you can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. I've had some miserable races; not fun at all. I ran the Chesapeake Bay Bridge a couple of years ago and I thought the wind was going to pick me up and throw me over. It was freezing! and I wore shorts; my chicken legs weren't happy. Not fun...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message here...