Wednesday 7 January 2009

Allergic to Pink!

There was a message on my phone at lunchtime. I listened to the voicemail. One very clear voice piped down the line:
;
This is Eartha. I threw up, so I can't go to school. I'm at Grandma's. Love you Mum.
;
OK, so Eartha, who looked perfectly healthy when I left this morning, has been sick. She sounded fine on the phone, but I guess if she's ill, then she's better off at Grandma's. I called my Mum when got the chance, to find out what was going on.
;
At school, Eartha had been sitting next to her friend Mia this morning. My kids have a school uniform consisting of a grey pinafore and red cardigan, but today Mia was dressed all in pink. Mia was asked to explain why she wasn't in her uniform.
;
Mia was going off to a funeral later in the day. Her Mum's friend had died of cancer, and pink is the colour of the breast cancer charity campaign. Consequently, it was in homage to this cause and to honour her late friend, that they were all going to wear pink at the funeral.
;
Anyway, about this point in the explanation Eartha suddenly became sick, and had to be collected by Grandma.
;
And what was Eartha's reasoning for why she became ill?
;
Very simple: "I'm allergic to pink." she said.
;
Can't argue with that, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...