Wednesday 17 February 2010

Pancake Day.

Every year we make pancakes on pancake day. It is pretty much the only time of the year when we do. This year the kids all had a go at flipping them, some with more success than others. .

The other news I have is that somehow I managed to get an interview for one of those jobs I applied for. That, in itself, is a minor miracle. I am delighted, of course. In the extremely unlikely event that I get the job, it would be ideal - local, wildlife based, flexible hours, interesting work, responsibility, but not the level of stress that you get within teaching... the list goes on. Just don't hold your breath, OK? Interview is next Thursday.

Last weekend we had a visit from some friends from Norfolk - Jim and Sarah. They are lovely. I used to work with Jim in the Norfolk Broads. They stayed a couple of nights in a B&B, which was sensible considering how damn cold it is in our house. It's supposed to snow for the next five days. I don't mind snow, when I can get warm again afterwards. It's snowing now, and the kids are downstairs, eating grapes, watching TV, snuggled under a blanket on the sofa with two hot water bottles between them. Cosy!More teeth have been falling out. Donny has lost a pre-molar and Saskia is sporting the double gappy look that Eartha had last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...