Sunday 30 January 2011

Sally's for Tea.

The weekend has been busy and social. On Friday night I went out ten-pin bowling with the staff I worked with before Xmas. It was really nice to see them all again. While I was out, Mel went to the panto with the cubs to see Red Riding Hood. I think he enjoyed it, although he was mega-tired afterwards as it was such a late night.
Saturday, Mel went off to his friend Daniel's for most of the day, so he didn't get much of a chance to catch up on his sleep. Nick and I sat like book-ends on the sofa, glued to the Stieg Larsson trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/Played with Fire/Kicked the Hornet's Nest). Once you start to read them, you can't stop.
Today, after the little ones went to gymnastics and I managed to run continuously on the treadmill for 24 minutes, we went to Sally's for Sunday lunch. Sally lives in the back of beyond, with horses and dogs. Once we found it, we had a lovely afternoon, just chatting and playing games with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...