Tuesday 8 September 2009

Not Really Achieving Anything At All

I've had this weird feeling of dislocation this week. Shouldn't I be somewhere else? Like at work? The kids have been back at school for two days and I've achieved not one jot of the list of things I promised I would do when I had a bit of time to myself.

In fact, instead of sending off lots of applications and writing tons of new prose, I have visited friends and drunk coffee and wandered in the forest with the dog, enjoying the wind on my face. I went out to the cinema last night and watched "The Time Traveler's Wife" with my friend, Sarah. It was good, but lacked the poignancy of the book. Mind you, most books are better than the film, and this was an exceptionally good book to try to live up to.

I suppose I should get a job at some point, but the urgency is still not there. The cash supply will run out soon, so I really should care...

I still believe the universe will provide and I still have no idea what it has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...