Thursday 3 September 2009

Oops - shoes.

I've been starting the unpacking - taking it slowly. The kids don't have to be back at school until Monday and I am gloriously unemployed for a while. I haven't even managed to open my post yet. Tuesday we went and bought a whole set of school shoes for everyone, partly because their old ones were getting too small and partly because Mel had left his in Poland anyway. Bit of a trek to go and get them. Anyway, after that all we have done is rest. I've unloaded the suitcases and returned the pod from the top of the car to Karen.

Tuesday night I went over to a friend's house. She has just moved in and needed some help, so I lugged wardrobes up the stairs and added moral support in sorting out the house. Last night I went rock climbing with another friend. We usually go on a Wednesday. Kate climbed Ben Nevis for charity last weekend (1300m). It is something I'd like to do too. Unfortunately, it is at least a 5 hour drive from here, so it isn't something you can do in passing.

Today, it is midday and some of the kids are still in their pyjamas. We are just resting up after the holiday, getting some playing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...