Friday 29 May 2009

Who loved this land.

When my Dad died, over two years ago now, we talked about getting a bench made for him. I phoned up the council and asked about the memorial benches I see around the place. They told me it would cost a thousand pounds to get one because of planning permission and blah, blah, blah. And even then it is a bog standard bench with a little bronze plaque in the middle - not very inspiring.

Last year I met up with Oli, after having been out of touch with him for ages. It turns out he is working as a blacksmith and has his own forge. So I commissioned a bench from him. It has taken a year, and many incarnations as the plans for what was possible and not possible changed. Finally it is ready. We delivered it to Mum's yesterday. It is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here...